Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Book Talk Tuesday - Greenglass House

Every Tuesday in my classroom, we do something called "Book Talk Tuesday."  After our bell ringer, I share a book or two that I have read with my students.  Sometimes I will give a brief summary of the book, sometimes I will show a book trailer, and sometimes I will read the first few pages or a chapter from a book.  After sharing my book, I open the floor for students to share books they have read.  I don't require students to share, but I find that once one student shares, more seem to follow.  There have been times where we spend the entire class period (42 minutes) talking about books!  Those days are my favorite!

I've decided to expand my Book Talk Tuesday from my classroom to our blog!  So this week, I would like to share with you Greenglass House by Kate Milford.



Milo is just starting his Christmas break, and can't wait for some much-needed quiet time. Milo's adopted family, The Pines, own Greenglass House, a smuggler's inn in Nagspeake on the side of a hill overlooking the harbor, and this time of year, they hardly have any visitors. Until one night, when their guest bell rings and rings and rings! All of a sudden, Greenglass House is bustling with people, and Milo can kiss his quiet break good-bye.

But when some of the guests' items go missing, Milo and the cook's daughter, Meddy, are on the case to find the items, along with the reason why all of these guests have come to Greenglass House in the first place.

If you or your students like mysteries, they will like Greenglass House. It is a bit lengthy (about 375) pages, but the author, Kate Milford, does a wonderful job of keeping it suspenseful. Plus, the book cover is gorgeous!


your photo name

5 comments:

  1. This is a great inspiring article. Cheers for sharing with us your wonderful blog.I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative.
    autoketing Discount master by autoketing, Discount master app

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very interesting content! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your points and have come to the conclusion that you are right about many of them. You are great.
    currency converter box app
    https://autoketing.com
    currency converter box online

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for the great information you have provided!Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
    best autoketing, sales pop master online, sales pop master app

    ReplyDelete


  4. food games 2019
    basketball games free
    soccer games 2019
    Hi! Thanks for the great information you have provided!Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. jogo io online
    free online friv Games
    play 2 player games
    Hello, i think that i saw you visited my site thus i came to “return the favor”.I’m trying to find things to improve my web site!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete