Monday, March 7, 2016

Welcome!

Hello friends!  Welcome to the Hanson Hallway, a blog about our lives as parents, teachers, and coaches!  Starting this blog was a part of my New Year’s resolution, so better late than never at giving this a try!

Where did we get the name “The Hanson Hallway”?
My husband, Brian, and I are both teachers at a junior high in north-central Illinois.  Our classrooms are in the same hallway two doors down from each other, so we see each other every 40 minutes or so.  It is fun being able to pop into each other’s classrooms from time to time: I go to his room to help with technology; he comes to mine and tells silly jokes and sing goofy songs.  People always ask us, “How are you able to work together?  Don’t you get sick of each other?”  Surprisingly, no!  *On a side note, Brian’s sister is our district’s art teacher so she’s also in the hallway teaching art at the end of the day!   

As parents...
Brian and I have been married for four years; he has a ten-year-old daughter, and we have an almost three year old daughter and twenty-month old son.  Needless to say, they keep us very busy, and there isn’t much quiet time around our house.  We currently live on a farm (actually, the farm I grew up on), but only have two cats so far.  We are looking into getting a dog, sheep, goats, and chickens this summer.
IMG_1477.JPG
As teachers...
Brian has been teaching for 19 years, and currently teaches 7th and 8th grade social studies.  Over the years, he has taught 3rd and 4th grade, and 6th and 8th grade ELA.  I have been teaching for 10 years, and currently teach 6th and 7th grade ELA.  Along with ELA, I have also taught math and technology.

As coaches…
Brian is the sophomore boys basketball coach at a local private high school, and I coach track and field at our junior high.  Sports is a large part of our lives.  We were both multi-sport athletes in high school, and we played sports in college, as well (Brian played basketball and I played softball).  We are HUGE Duke basketball fans, and love Chicago baseball (Brian is a White Sox fan and I’m a Cubs fan).  We have learned so much through sports, and we love being able to share our skills, knowledge, and life lessons.


What will you learn here?
  • Lessons and events from our classrooms
  • Book reviews and recommendations
  • Parenting successes and failures
  • Coaching strategies, skills and drills

You can follow us here or on social media: 
  • Brian: @bhanson72 (Twitter and Instagram)
  • Christina @hansonhallway (Twitter and Instagram).

We hope you stick around and start following us!

Christina


your photo name

5 comments:

  1. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I really appreciate for this great information. Thanks for sharing.
    best autoketing, Discount master app, Product discount master app

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crazy about this blog. I really appreciate for this great information. You can do something much better but i still say this perfect.Keep trying for the best.
    sales pop master online, pop website, autoketing

    ReplyDelete

  3. play food games
    play basketball games
    soccer games online
    I am crazy about this blog. I really appreciate for this great information. You can do something much better but i still say this perfect.Keep trying for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trusting the same best exertion from you later on also. Truth be told your exploratory writing abilities has motivated me.
    miniclip online, a10 games online, Jogos para crianças 2019

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for any other fantastic article. Where else could anybody get that kind of information in such a perfect means of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I’m on the look for such information.
    2player kids
    friv4school 2019
    jogos io 2019

    ReplyDelete